I might be terrified - but I'll do it anyway

I might be terrified - but I'll do it anyway

Sunday, May 18, 2008

OCD Painting Fits; Sunday Night Skulks In

I've been painting this ridiculous little thing for two days now.  Its a thing - I say thing because I really am not sure what it is, some sort of surreal female form that turns into something similar to veins crossed with guts, kinda creepy and sad with a gaping hole right in the center of her chest.  Yes, my mood is that upbeat!
Actually, my scary-creepy painting aside, the weekend has been great.  The garage sale was even fun and interesting.  I just hate Sunday nights, I never want to go to bed, because that means the next thing I know I have to be an uber-competent adult, and frankly, the role begins to chafe after a couple of years, and you wonder if you really need nice things so much and maybe you really should just sell it all, get a camper and live on the go.  Learn to tattoo.  Paint.  Write poetry.  Dance.  Laugh.  Do absolutely nothing that you don't want to do, with the exception of course of some good old-fashioned physical labor sometimes for money.  Its not really a moral debate, but it tastes like one to me.  I suspect that's because it was a moral debate to my mother.  Also, sometimes I feel like I am willfully forcing a wild thing, like breaking a horse, but I'm doing it to myself, and there's always some wild animal in the back of my head chanting "get out get out get out before its too late"  ('till age and use accept them, so to speak) and sometimes I'm just terrified that I'll be trapped at  standstill.
Really though, I'm anything but still.  Thursday LeeAnn and I are starting our quest for the ultimate dojo.  I want to kick some ass.  Wish me luck!

No comments: