I might be terrified - but I'll do it anyway

I might be terrified - but I'll do it anyway

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lunacy in black and white

This morning I got up with more than usual reluctance, despite the less-than-usual exhaustion. It took me a bit of rustling around to find something to wear that seemed appropriate, and I eventually settled on a black and white ensemble. I admit, the sun nearly took me out when I walked out onto the porch, and I immediately crossed to the shady side of the street, steaming slightly (think Spike from Buffy, when he tried to go in the sun).
On my way to the train I saw a yellow rose tree so laden with flowers that in fact it only had two leaves on the whole bush. It made me smile. The shameless flower thief in me was tempted to strip it, but I restrained myself and made it onto the train. (Shamefully, my self restraint had more to do with the daylight and the fact that I was headed for work than anything else). It was Amy's train, but so far, she's followed my advice to the letter and "not let me set eyes on her". Maybe that was a bit menacing of me, but I am careful to ignore any fleeing leopard or green coated individuals at train stops, and thereby, have not laid eyes on her.
Pursuant to a conversation about pretentiousness with my best ladies, I pulled out my little leather sketchbook and spent the entire commute listening to Erasure at unreasonable volumes and scribbling. It put me in a marvelous wonderful mood. I even did a little doodle of the guy wearing the kilt and suspenders at the Castro station. I restrained myself from doodling the results of that image produced by my overstimulated imagination.
Well. I guess I'll get some work done. Today's deep thought:
I used to be a serious loner. Spent whole years primarily in my own company. Perhaps I should consider the seeming madness of the majority of my friends lately as natures way of returning me to that more natural state.

No comments: